PM Lee's NDR 2008

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

  1. 4 months paid maternity leave - not applicable to me
  2. Childcare leave extended from 2 days to 6 days - Appreciated but *touch wood*
  3. Parents will get 1 week of unpaid infant-care leave a year, until the child turns two - Encouraging *quality time*
  4. Baby Bonus will be increased from first-time parents - Elated, this is really a bonus to us..
I always think that having children is a process of our lives and by giving all these "perks" to all working mothers/women, I can only say that our goverment is really trying hard to improve our TFR. PM Lee, we are already trying very hard..hahaha..hope we can annouce good news and share our joy with everyone soon... *staring at ovulation calculator*

2 chirping:

mommysam said...

I am back=) Luggage too heavy so didn't manage to buy Instant foods for you:( I just heard this good news from Government. But don't know when It'll take effect:p Can also plan *wink* Meanwhile I liked your temporary new workplace. So peaceful.

Diana G.B. said...

wah....so shiok leh..go holiday..hehhe..glad you enjoyed! Now waiting to know how much is the baby bonus..hehe.. My new workplace ar..nice nice and lots of freedom.. these kids here are very cute and funny ..