New Challenge - School Nurse

Thursday, August 14, 2008

I've never know there is a clinic in an International School *mountain turtle* and this clinic is run by a registered nurse. I've never thought I would become one but I am willing to take the challenge and here I am, sitting right here blogging. *permission given by hod, ok? He said I can do anything I like when there is no students*

Basically my task is simple, the kids come to me whenever they are sick, stomachache, or simply just wanna escape from classes. I have to use my professional judgement and clinical experiences to nurse them and decided should there be a need to send them back home.

I was told there are many many Oscar Awards Winners here, from all races and nationalities and they are always using the nurses' room to skip classes/PE. Well, after all, they are just kids and we all know that most of them are away from their families *homesick* , so I need to work pretty closely with the counsellors and we just shower them with plenty of TLC and coax them back to their classes. Mr. McCallum said I have great personality - CALM *appearance only la, I kancheong also he doesn't know* and he thinks I can handle the kids well. Well, all I can say is the working environment here is really totally different, I am given everything I need to run my clinic, I can roam anywhere I want in the school and I've got all support I need. I must do my best here to help the kids and it is also time for me to pull up my socks - read more about first aid !
It is really a total different experience I have here in ISS, teachers, counsellors and other staff walking into my room to say HELLO. * good thing about working with the Caucasians - flexible and respect *

0 chirping: