Happy Working Day! -Ben

Monday, August 11, 2008

I woke up early today and left the house with Ben. Yes, I've got a job. I've agreed to work for a month as a relieving nurse to Marilyn at ISS International School.

I happily walked toward the school gate and greeted by a friendly guard. As I've never been here before, she was kind enough to guide me the way to meet Veron.

"Just walk up the stairs and turn to your left"
Simple, isn't it? But I was SOB even before I am done with the stairs.

THERE ARE 215 STEPS!!! @#$%^& ....And I am going to climb this horror stairs for the next 4 weeks! Hope it helps to shrink my thunder thighs!!!!!

Finally I reached Veron's office. *still catching my breath* She introduced Mr. McCallum, Head of High School, to me and showed me my room. Yeah, I've got my own nurse room aka school clinic, equipped with basic neccessities like computer, phone, microwave, kettle, personal washroom, radio... I know I know, it sounds more like a pantry to you now. Haha..

There are also medicine cabinets and at least 3 first aid boxes, why do they need to prepare so many?

These are the fantastic greenery from my room. Frankly, besides the scary staircase at the lower carpark, I really like the environment of this school. The school is like built on the hill and the building is pretty old but sturdy, I bet is more than 25 years. Just like the dental clinic I used to visit when I was very young in my hometown.


This is the school canteen. Yeah, very "ulu" and "kampung". Ben said it would be great if he could come and pay a visit to ISS. Well, I don't think so.

2 chirping:

Mummy N said...

Hey!
The environment is brilliant!! totally amazing but of course to be close to nature, it means you have to sacrifice on being near to civilisation.

the workout will be all worth it! :)

Diana G.B. said...

haha..yah,just reached. Today not so breathless..haha..

Today I will go to the record office to get some of the kids' medical record/history.

p/s: can chat with me over facebook eh..