Surprise Surprise !!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

We decided to give mum a surprise - To Celebrate Her 56th Birthday, actually not one surprise but TWO!

First, we told her not to cook and our weekend gathering will be over our place on Saturday. Of course, I will be the one cooking. Ben was very kind to accompany me to do some marketing at Cold Storage and NTUC as he knew I can never carry all the bags on my own. Yeah, we took a cab home after that.

What's for dinner? LAKSA!! Eh...don't ask for recipe because I used premix and add other stuff. *come on, one man show leh, use only 4 hours, ok?*

I know I know, no big deal right? This is not the first time cooking dinner for 10 persons, so what's the surprise?

Tadah !! Peach Longevity Bun from D'Bun ! Mum was so happy!And our second Surprise - ICE CREAM CAKE for mummy!

Although it was a failure but mum never complained and she never did, I remember

- Baking numerous non edible stuff and wasted more than 50 eggs, she always says," Try again tomorrow.."

- During my Sec, I was so FAT that I still thought I was a pretty girl, why? Because no one(in the family)ever tease me. Of course now I know I was indeed SUPER DUPER FATTY BOOM BOOM. I was so touch when she told me she will definitely send me to Marie France..

- I SPENT $800 yakking on the phone with an idiot in my Poly 1st year instead of buying myself an air ticket to London but mum didn't scold me.

- I drove our Toyota out without license and banged against the lamp post, causing a big hump at the front and headlight was gone, mum said," you're so daring.." I thought she was going to wallop me! Maybe she would if it is dad's Merz..hahahaha... joking, I didn't get to drive daddy's Merz because I don't have the guts to get a car license after that accident. *chicken la*


Yeah, that's our mum... Happy Birthday Mummy!!!!

4 chirping:

mommysam said...

That's Mummy Love. Do you know I am trying to achieve that Patience your Mum have. I don't believe in scolding & beating the kid. But I strongly believe in Love & Encouragement to make them face their challenge with confidence.

Diana G.B. said...

eh..my mummy used to beat us. almost everyday before we turned 12

mommysam said...

Really? Don't say that you know why I strongly believe in Love education? My dad used to beat us up to the age 16. I hate him for that + he's a drunkard so I tell myself that my next generation. Will not suffer the same like me

Mummy N said...

the idea is to be firm.

strict yes, still cane but the kiddo needs to know why he is being caned. we knew that was why no matter what, we still love our mum and we are still very close to her.

i have seen parents who have never laid a finger on their children and one will think their kids would love their parents? Err, nope.

the children never truly care. i should know. i see it everyday.