Ben is going to Dentist

Friday, August 01, 2008

Shame, shame...Ben has got a tooth decay and filling is needed to be done. He was in pain while sending off Umesh at T3 on last Wednesday. After that, he went around the island and couldn't find any dentist (on duty). Well, which dentist will work till late night. Anyway, he popped a few paracetamol and on the very next day, he called up National Dental Centre to try his luck. (I told him there is no walk-in and almost all clinics schedule are full, he needs to make appointment at least 2 months in advanced)

Ben : I need to see a dentist asap. Can I walk in today?
Asst : Sorry sir, there isn't any dentist on duty today but surgeon. Would you like me to make an early appointment for you?
Ben : Yes, please.
Asst : Oh sir, I am so sorry to tell you that the earliest appointment I can get for you is in October.
Ben : I will die by then..

Finally, Ben went to a dental clinic at Orchard and saw a dentist (after popping more paracetamol). Filling done and he was recommended to go for crowning and that will cost him another $800 and inplant for $3k each! Poor Ben.. He has at least 3 teeth decay!

4 chirping:

mommysam said...

OMG!!! That is a hefty dental bill:p

Diana G.B. said...

yeah, current treatment all will be paid by insurance company, under AIA but not for crowning as it is consider cosmetic surgery.

mommysam said...

Haha... A lesson to learn Ben. Must love your teeth and go for every 6 months check-up:p

Diana G.B. said...

yeah, a painful one. He was so surprise when I told him none of my sibling and I have this problem and he thought all children will have dental problem. When we were young, we heard so much of horror stories and eeryone said "sweets spoil our teeth". He is just one of those naughty boy.haha