Congratulations to Vas and Joel !

Friday, August 29, 2008

I board SBS57 at Depot Road and it took me an hour to reach KKH. I went straight to get little baby girl a gift.Vas was admitted to Ward 81 but baby was still at Special Care Nursery. We had a little chat and we made a trip to SCN to take a look at her newborn. Poor Vas has allergy to all analgesic that she was only given Tramadol to ease the pain, her incision wound was pretty painful and it took our friend almost 30 min to get to her chair. *sayang* This is SCN at KKH, a step down unit for neonate from NICU. Nurses are friendly and we are allowed to take photos. Oh...babies are so tiny and cute.. Here is her little girl, she looks so much like Vas ! Again, congratulations on your newborn and your 4-mth maternity leave !

4 chirping:

mommysam said...

Glad to know both Mother & Child are doing well. Why is her baby look so red in the pictures? If you stay in Baby ICU ward for too long, you'll get very depress. Cayden was admitted there for 3 days before, due to serious jaundice.

Diana G.B. said...

Hmm..baby's parents are both Tamil. I thought she should look XXX but red instead.hehe.. Her baby was in ICU for 1 day and transferred to step down unit. Will be in SCN for 1 week before discharged so mummy will go home first. I agree that most parents will be depress if baby stays in ICU for too long. Thank god her baby is fine.

mommysam said...

Not only that - you will see a lot of premature baby pass away:( Even depressing:'( Haha... I know what you mean I guess most baby arrive in the world look red. BTW - maternity leave is only 16 weeks aka 3.5 months or so. I remember my 12 weeks maternity is only 2.5 months:(

Diana G.B. said...

oh yah..if you calculate it that way, it will be lesser but is better now.