Part - Time Maid

Thursday, October 02, 2008

"Honey, can I hire a part time maid?"

"Of course you can, baby!"


Please do not scold me for intending to hire a part time maid because I am also working part-time currently. You know, after a week in the clinc (9am-6pm), I kinda regret. Why did I promise Sister Lee that I will be there for 4 months? 3 months, to be exact as I will be away from mid Nov till mid Dec. I should have told her I can't work long hours, 4/7 and negotiate for more money(per hour)from the agency. When I was with ISS Intl, I reached home about 3pm and I had ample time to play with our furballs, to shower them, to clean up the whole house, to do laundry, to do some shopping and to cook dinner while mum was not around. NOW, I'm 3/4 dead when I reach home! Ben warned me not to work, maybe he knows this will happen. But I assured him (before I started work) that I can do it. Look at my kitchen, 2 bathrooms, 1 toilet, floor, my little garden and most importantly, the study room..!

Agency Fee : SGD200
Charges : SGD13/hr
Min. Hours : 4 hrs
Frequency : Weekly
Monthly : SGD 208
Scope Of Works: sweep or vacuum floorings. Damp mop floorings.- Using mop only. General dusting to furnishings - Exclude delicate displays and antiques. Cleaning external kitchen cabinet, general wipe ovens, sink, microwave oven and cooking hobs and hoods. General washing of toilets, washbasins, shower room and bathtubs. To wipe and clean Internal windows and windows grills on weekly rotational basis. To press and iron clothing.

Agency Fee : Waived
Charges : Weekly Contract Cleaning
Min. Hours : Not Applicable
Frequency : Weekly
Monthly : SGD 320
Regular contract cleaning services: vacuum or sweep and mop floors, Clean bathrooms and toilets, Clean kitchen and kitchen appliances, Clean bedroom, Make up beds on a weekly basis, Dusting, clear trash, Water plants, Ironing of clothes (approximately ten pieces per session)

Agency Fee : SGD 168 (Mandarin Speaking) SGD208 (English Speaking)
Charges : SGD10/hr (wkday), SGD15/hr (wkend night), SGD12/hr (wkend, wkday night)
Min. Hours : 4 hr
Frequency : Weekly
Monthly : SGD 160 (based on wkday charges)
Weekly Duties: Dusting/Cleaning of all rooms & kitchen Washing of toilets Vacuuming & mopping of floors Pressing and ironing clothing
Periodical Duties: Wipe interior windows, mirrors, doors, fans Clean refrigerator, oven, cooker hood Wipe interior of kitchen cabinets and drawers

Agency Fee : Waived
Charges : Monthly Package
Min. Hours : 3hr / 4hr
Frequency : Weekly
Monthly : SGD 200 / SGD260
Cleaning / Housekeeping:
Wash/ clean/ scrub/ sanitize toilet bowl, bathtub, basin, floor, wall, shower screen and mirror,dust/ wipe furniture including picture frames, sofa, display racks, coffee table, working desk beds and beside tables,Wipe/ clean/ degrease external kitchen cabinet and appliances including refrigerator, microwave oven, cooker hood and hob,Wash, dry and store cutlery and utensils,Vacuum/ dust/ damp mop all flooring, Machine laundry and ironing of clothes, Watering of plants, change water in vases, dispose litter and reset waste bins, Final round of checking, clean and tidy all area. Provide customer check list before leaving
Cleaning / Housekeeping Periodically:
Clean/degrease interior of refrigerator, oven, cooker hood, kitchen cabinet and shoe rack, Wipe window sills, grills, panes/table and floor fans/table lights/switches (where accessible with a 5-step ladder)

Agency Fee : Waived
Charges : SGD13/hr
Min. Hours : 3hr / 4hr
Frequency : Weekly
Monthly : SGD156 / SGD208
Part-Time Housekeeping services range from: vacuuming/sweeping and mopping of floor, windows cleaning, laundry and ironing, bed sheet and curtain changing, washing of toilets, cleaning of bathroom and kitchen tiles,cleaning of stove areas, wiping of tables and furniture

WHICH ONE SHOULD I ENGAGE?

8 chirping:

mommysam said...

I think you need to trial & error the cleaner. Don't feel bad about engaging part-time maid. Me too - also engage one as I am really very tired to do chores nowadays.

Diana G.B. said...

I tried First Care and A-cube before..still considering...thought of trying A team amahs.

mommysam said...

Actually is which part-time maid you prefer=) But trying the first 2, how's their attitude? Will it be tiring to try each company? Perharps I am lazy:p If you can clean, I will continue use. Hehe;)

Diana G.B. said...

all are okay, some got attitute problem. I hate local aunties. TALK A LOT when doing their work. TOO SLOW. The PRCs are faster but not very clean. Most likely will get A-cube again, give that mr arthur one more chance..hehe..that time he wanted to give me new maid when I complained but I refused as hubby paid FIRSTCARE the agency fee for new maid. WIll update again. How about yours? from which company?

mommysam said...

Mine is friend recommend so didn't go through Agency. Yeah! Locals can be lazy. I used to use this Malaysian lady. Cleaning is not bad but talk too much & always fly me kite. So I banned her, I told my husband if you want to use her. Call her yourself because I can't tolerate her fly kite attitude.

Diana G.B. said...

aiyoh...so bad..fly kite somemore.

mommysam said...

Yaloh... I can't be bother with them. I don't believe the whole Singapore only rely on her as a part-time cleaner. As my husband very "soft", he will always get people to do the job if he's comfortable with. He don't like new challenge. You will be surprised he's more "po ma" than me. So I can be very impatient to wait for an answer from him.

Diana G.B. said...

Ben also macam like that la. need me to nag, sometimes he hates it but sometimes he wants me to nag. He always takes his sweet time to do things esp. when come to claim back money from company.