Ben's 30th Birthday

Sunday, October 26, 2008

We got Mark to reserve the room for us and he said it is going to be a surprise, okay, here we are, at the 785sqft City Suite, charging at SGD850/night. As expected, the service is excellent! How do I put it? " THEY NEVER SAY NO TO MY REQUEST "..so far.. Oh, they make me feel like a bride again! Hahahaa..

See this, I wanted to give Ben another surprise at the cafe, I secretly told the waitress, Lily to get me a piece of cake with a candle while Ben was away. Ben was so sharp, he didn't hear our conversation but he read my "sign language"! Before he blew the candle, Lily immediately took out a digital camera and took a picture of us. We thought they will send the photo to our suite later BUT she actually handed it to us after 5 minutes! We were delighted and she even bother to find out each customer's name, yeah, she addressed me as Mrs. Goh when I was requesting my cake. We compliment Lily for her outstanding service.

After a sumptous dinner, we went back to our tidied room and found a bottle of red wine. Hmm, I don't remember ordering any so Ben called the receptionist and found out that Mark reserved the suite under "wedding anniversary" and the wine is for celebration..how thoughtful..

This is going to be the first time for me to create movie this way, I ripped the song from my favourite CD and created this movie especially for the man of my life, Ben. I love you baby and I promise you, no matter how, I'll stand by you, forever...


Have I ever mentioned Ben lost his wedding band months after our wedding day at Orchard? We couldn't find it and I thought, it is okay because I don't want him to keep blaming himself for missing the band and we didn't get it replaced until today, yeah after a good 1.5 years, Ben said he wants to wear and he even said it is fine to spend 2k .... hmm, what is he thinking?

7 chirping:

Anonymous said...

u're so romantic!!! ben must be super happy tat day. :)

Diana G.B. said...

Bren, he is very very happy...but I tell you, this guy is really smart, I was hinting about the flyer flight, to take during day time or night time and he immediately said, flyer? at night better right?

Thought that cake is going to surprise him but then again he saw my gestures and when he got back to his seat with his food, he said," why asked for candle?"

mommysam said...

Haha... Your husband knew you too well;)

Mummy N said...

this time it must definitely be better because there isn't a mad rush to do things, or a constant fear that something might go wrong, or horror of horrors, someone is arranged to sit at the wrong table with the wrong person...

just you and ben.

Diana G.B. said...

sam, yeah..! Hmm... I don't care, next year, I am going to make sure his jaw will drop on this bday!hahaha

nat, when we saw the wedding decor in the garden suite and atrium suite, we still miss our wedding day... of course we didn't think of the horror part.

mommysam said...

Great! this is a challenge for next year;)

Diana G.B. said...

Hahaha... brainstorming..