Mooncake Tasting at Takashimaya

Saturday, September 06, 2008



Cute right? The three little pigs are from Hong Kong 奇华饼家. Well, as mentioned before, I don't eat the traditional mooncakes so why am I still here?? Hey, I eat kimchi, ok?

All right, I have no idea why there are stores selling food that has got nothing related to mooncake festival (eg. pickles, kimchi, japanese food), maybe they cater for people like me. haha.. Anyway, the one thing I tried was their yam paste flufy pastry mooncakes. Hey, I know what are you thinking, cheapo, right? Go and Try for free, I got buy okay!Hahaha

Nat bought mooncakes from Shang Palace from Shangri La Hotel for SGD49, yeah, it is pricey but mind you, the most expensive mooncakes in Singapore for year 2009 costs a whopping $1288! They are from Mandarin Oriental, containing Ginseng Premium Bird's Nest, Pearl Powder and Omega Egg White Custard. Eh, "bao nya" (sure win) if you buy this to your potential MIL and remember to blog about it. (and let me know)

Here is the chef of Four Season making Snowskin Mooncake


0 chirping: