Headache Management Diary

Thursday, September 18, 2008



The pain was unbearable and I hate that feeling. Thank god I didn't throw out. SSN Chua immediately got me panadol and my pain score went from 8-6. I took a cab home eventually. Ben quickly rushed home with dinner and he fed me with piriton. Yeah, that's the only sedative I have with me. Don't worry, it is a super mild sedative but good enough to terminate the pain -sleep. A senior pharmacist ever told me, it is always good to stand by a few drugs (midazolam, ativan, xanax) especially for patient like me as I have very bad migraine, clinically known as Ocular Migraine and whenever the pain comes, it can last for hours and all I wish to do is sleep. The funny thing is, this time round, there wasn't any aura to warn me to pop medication prior to the attack. Now I have started to have a little diary for me to record each attack.

3 chirping:

mommysam said...

Oh my god! Migraine is terrible. Although I don't have but I got headache whenever the weather is hot. The pain is also unbearable till almost puke. I can understand how you feel. Hugz...

Diana G.B. said...

ya..bad bad..yesterday night kena again but mild. pop medication and Z but then Ben had high fever again and sneezing like crazy. I still have to look after him by changing the cloth from his forehead. I think I need to get the "cold patch". hmm..my yomeishu doesn't help huh..i got him DOM.

missytrina~ said...

poor u!! migraine sucks. When I get mine, I always puke like CRAZY