Hello From Shanghai!

Sunday, December 02, 2007



It is so hazy in Shanghai. We touched down 5 minutes later than the expected time. The weather was chilling cold and we travelled to Pudian Rd Station by Maglev Train. Yeah, the fastest train that travels up to 430km/hour.
*stay tune for clip*
People here are rather rude, someone actually cut my Q and still dared to look at me. (maybe I am too short + I am a girl). Ben immediately got me out of the Q and stood right in front of him. I was so scared, after hearing all the horror stories of grabbing/ robbing bags and handphones; I quickily "squeezed" my baby girl into our luggage.
*oh poor my saumur*

Finally we reached St. Regis and before we reached the hotel, there was already someone approached us.

"Good afternoon, Mr Goh. We are expecting you." --->took over our luggage.

We were like "........."

I remembered having a butler sending us up to the room and explained everything on our Wedding day at Oriental Hotel. Their service is really good and I will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. Besides that, they got Ben to sign up to for Startwood Preferred Guest, which mean if he were to go to any of the 850 selected hotels like -sheraton, Le Meridian, Westin, W hotels, Four Points and Luxury Collection, he will get to earn points and enjoy some privileges. So if I were to miss the breakfast tomorrow which serves from 8-10am, I may go to Level 40 to makan.Hahahaha..*I am so bad*

After that, the staff helped us to hail a cab that ferried us to 南京东路Nanjing East Road.We had a hard time getting a prepaid card here as we didn't know it is called 大众卡. The weather is getting very cold as the wind is strong. We saw 大娘水饺! The variety is not that much compares to the one we had at Sydney Chinatown and the food is so-so. Don't think we will come here again but the price is dirt cheap. rmb5.5 for 6 pieces.
Dessert at 糖朝 - Mango Madness!! The cold weather doesn't stop us from eatin' ice
To be frank, is not that safe to travel alone in Shanghai. *imho* Ben wants me to stay in the hotel and wait for him to come back from work, hopefully by 4pm as it turns dark around 5pm! Around the hotel is rather quiet and he just doesn't feel safe for me to travel alone. Safety is so important to us!! I start to miss Sg, how am I going to spend my days here? I miss everyone back there and miss my Smoochie and Twistie.

Tomorrow How? I want to go 七浦qipu, a wholesale market...

So far, I have not seen any hotels that has got a Christmas Tree decorated in front of the hotel.


0 chirping: