First Day of Work

Monday, February 25, 2008

After so many months, I've finally put on back an uniform. This time round, I looking more like a student than a semi-senior nurse *rolling eyes* as the uniform looks very much like my student nurse's, except the "blue bibs".
I am now working with a pool of Peds and many wonderful staff. My manager is a very nice lady, maybe is a little bit too early to give comment now but I know I am right. The bonds are strong and they are all supportive! I reported to work on time today and spent most of my time with SSN Chua, a very patience, motherly senior who is doing her Deg at SIM; SEN Karen, a bubbly nurse who guides me how to give vaccines(to neonates!); SSN Maria, stern looking but nice nurse to work with. Basically I was stationed at Tx Rm, learning drug challenge.

After taking a break for an hour, I realised that the clinics aren't very busy for the afternoon session, maybe it is just on Monday. By the time I knocked off, I realised that I've not check my handphone for whole day! Had more than 8 missed calls and 3 messenges from Ben and friends. Oh dear, please do not disturb me while I am at work.

FYI, I DO NOT ENTERTAIN PHONE CALLS DURING
- my lunches /dinners, esp. when I am with my family
- at work esp. in the consult room as it reflects very badly on our image
- showering, my phone doesn't go to bathroom
- baking, phone doesn't look good with flour

BUT, I do read mails and you all may text me, I will surely reply (daily before 1030pm). So here is the happy wife blogging and reading her emails and browsing some of bakers' blogs, as her day time is fully occupied and dedicated to her very little patients.

0 chirping: