Nurse - an educator? a counsellor..

Thursday, May 08, 2008


With only 4 years experience in the healthcare without a post-basic, I used to think, "how far can I go?"

Frankly speaking, I was thrilled when I was asked if I wanna become a Diabetic Nurse Educator. It is really a rare opportunity to come by, not that all educators are SRN but most institutes prefer to have SRN to become one. If I am at SGH, the chances is almost zero. The only setback - my patients are children.. *sad* I need a lot of courage to face newly diagnosed young children and give them support as well as guidance. PK also suggested that I can join nyp for their Certificate in Diabetes Nurse Educator course.

On the other hand, I know Ben wants me to stay at home and help him to "run that business"... I am really in dilemma..

Disclaimer : above pic taken from NUH official website

0 chirping: