Twistie is hospitalized

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Reached home at 650pm and found vomitus on the carpet. Twistie ran towards me with his wailing tail but my sixth sense told me his behaviour is a little weird today.

mum : he vomited 4 times today and he can't seem to be able to void.
diana : I'll call mt. pleasant clinic and see if kasey can see him.

Selena answered my call and asked me to go to Springside asap. I hailed a cab and reached mt.pleasant clinic on the dot. After weighing Twistie, he walked a few steps and started straining... we were shocked to see blood dripping down from his urethra and Selena brought him in to the tx room immediately.

skin scrap done. urine test done. x-ray done. physical examination done.

Kasey : There are stones in his bladder and one of the small stone is along the urethra, blocking the urine from flowing out. Luckily you bring him in today, or else, we may not be able to see him again..

Diana : This is life-threatening, right? Can we do an emergency op now so that he won't be suffering from the pain at the bladder?


Kasey : He is not fit today, let's put him on drip and we will assess his condition. However, you have 2 options; you can bring twistie home tonight and we can give you medication that can help him to pee. If anything goes wrong tonight, bring him back immediately to ER at Mt. Pleasant Hospital. Option 2; hospitalise him tonight and we'll put him on drip, that will help to flush out the bloody urine and if he is fit tomorrow, we will go ahead with an operation to remove the stones. I'll call you tomorrow morning at 8 and you can visit him at around 10am, just before we start the op. If there is no post-op complications, we will discharge him on Friday.

Diana : All right, I'll give consent and sign the admission form for him.
Kasey : My staff will bring you to the tx room to have some private time with him before you leave later.
Diana : Thanks a lot.
My baby Twistie kissed me goodbye and I gave him a few hugs before I left the clinic. I know he is in good hand and we all have confident in Dr. Kasey. Let's keep Twistie in our prayers !
Twistie and the op table

1 chirping:

Anonymous said...

nana..the label shd be furballs? or funny?